Get your applications in for our summer markets now!
We will be running a Downtown Courtenay Market on Wednesdays July - Sept (pending City approval), as well as a Sunday Market in Cumberland July - Sept.
Quick facts about vending at the Comox Valley Farmers' Market:
- All products sold at CVFMA markets must be grown or produced in the Comox or Strathcona Regional Districts.
- We are a farm and food market - any 'craft' item must be a value-added agricultural product with the primary components produced in the Comox or Strathcona Regional District, or products related specifically to farming, gardening, food, or food production, and wholly made by the Vendor.
- Vendors attend when they want - as long as we have room and attendance is confirmed prior to the market.
- Vendors must become members of the Comox Valley Farmers' Market Association before vending at any of our markets. Becoming a member permits you to sell at our markets, but does not guaruntee you a spot at every market. Space is allocated weekly to vendors.
- All food vendors are required to have foodsafe or marketsafe.
- All vendors of 'high risk' products must have a letter of confirmation from Island Health
- All concession vendors must be approved by Island Health
- The CVFMA maintains a 'Market Mix' which limits the number of vendors in each category so that the majority of our vendors are always farmers.
We strive to be a collaborative collection of entrepreneurs (and management and board) and to work together to: Promote the economic health of the local farm community, to provide quality locally grwon farm products, to educate the community in agricultural issues, and to promote local agriculture.